Vyasaraja Matha © 2022. All rights reserved
Śrī Vidyāśrīśa Tīrtha - The Current Pontiff
In his Purvashrama, Śrī Vidyāśrīśa Tīrtha was known as Prof. D. Prahlādachar and was born in 1940, in Bellary, Karnataka. His early education was in the traditional Gurukula system with the renowned scholars H H Śrī Vidyāmānya Tīrtha Swamiji of Bhandārakeri Matha and Śrī Viśveśa Tīrtha Swamiji of Pējawara Matha, Udupi. He has specialized in Navya-nyāya, Sāhitya and Dvaita Vedānta.
About Śrī Vidyāśrīśatīrtha Swamiji
His Holiness has taught several hundred students in conventional academic graduate courses and also guided many students in their doctoral and post-doctoral work. He is a member of several well known academic bodies and universities of this country.
Prof. D. Prahladachar (Purvashrama)
Former Vice-Chancellor of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati Retired Professor of Sanskrit, Bangalore University,
A Scholar of International reputation, Prof. D. Prahladachar was born in 1940, in Bellary, Karnataka. His early education was in the traditional Gurukula system with the renowned scholars H H Shri Vidyamanyatirtha Swamiji of Bhandarakeri Math and Shri Vishveshatirtha Swamiji of Pejawara Math, Udupi.
He has specialized in Navya-nyaya, Sahithya and Dvaitha Vedanta. In the course of his long career as a distinguished educationist, he has held positions of Assistant Professor of Tarka, in Government Sanskrit College, Bangalore, and Professor of Sanskrit, in Bangalore University. He has taught several hundred students in the conventional academic graduate courses and also guided many students in their doctoral and post-doctoral work. He is a member of several well known academic bodies and universities of this country.
Professor Prahladachar has critically edited and brought into print a number of Sanskrit works and has also translated a large number of Sanskrit works into Kannada. He has authored more than a hundred research papers and taken active part in many Vidvad Goshthis. He has also served as the Honorary Director of Poornaprajna Samshodhana Mandiram, Bangalore during 1994-99. He has also been bestowed with many coveted titles such as Panditharathna, Pandithakulabhushana etc.
He served Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha (Deemed University), Tirupati as its Vice-chancellor and during his period the Vidyapeetha saw many exemplary successes in the field of traditional Sanskrit education, preservation and propogation of our ancient heritage. Under his dynamic leadership the University had achieved the rare distinction with ‘A+’ grade accredited by NAAC. The Vidyapeetha was also recognised as ‘Centre for Excellence in the subject of traditional Shastras’ by the UGC. A novel project ‘Sanskrit and Science Exhibition’ launched by R.S Vidyapeetha was well received and exhibitions were organized all over the country. This Exhibition was also organized in Russia during October, 2004. For the first time courses were offered in the traditional Sanskrit subjects under Directorate of Distance Education by this Vidyapeetha.
Under ‘SANSKNET’ a mega project all thc major Sanskrit Research Academies were interlinked to share information and to create huge collection of complete Sanskrit literature in digital form far the benefit of future researchers in Sanskrit, Professor Prahlada Char was awarded the Vedavyasa National Sanskrit Award by the UGC in the year 2004 and Certificate of Honour by the President of India in the year 2005. In the ycar 2007 he was also awarded the prestigious Mahamahopadhyaya award by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Tirupati. In the year 2010 he was awarded the prestigious Mahamahopadhyaya
award by by Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Sanskrit University, New Delhi.
Prof. Prahladachar has served as a member, various bodies/Universities of national importance such as Benaras Hindu University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Council of Philosophical Rescarch, Akhila Bharata Madhwa Maha Mandal, Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi, Rashtriya.Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi, Sampoornananda Sanskrit University, Varanasi, Central Sanskrit Board, Govt. of India, Poornaprajna. Vidyapeetha, Bangalore, Sahitya Academy, New Delhi and Dvaita Vedanta Studies and Research Foundation, Bangalore.
Highlights of Academic career Of Prof. D. Prahladachar
- M.A. (Sanskrit) Degree from Bangalore University.
- Nyaya Vidwan and Vedanta Vidwan Degrees from Government of Karnakata.Studied under famous traditional scholars such as Chaturvedi Ramachandracharya, Kapu Hayagrivacharya, Sagri Hayagrivacharya, H.H Shri Vidyamanyatirtha Swamiji of Palimaru Mutt and H.H. Shri Vishveshatirtha Swamiji of Pejavara Mutt.
- Served Sri Chamarajendra Government. Sanskrit College Bangalore and the Dept. of Sanskrit, Bangalore University for more than 3 decades in various capacities.
- Served as Secretary, Poornaprajna Vidyapeetha, Bangalore a traditional institution (Gurukz,$a) of high standard
- Taught hundreds of students who are holding high positions in different national and international educational and research institutes.
- Guided successfully many doctoral and post-doctoral scholars in Sanskrit literature and various scholars of Indian philosophy including scholars from USA, France, Germany and other countries for their respective research,
- Worked with Prof. Arindam Chakraborthy, Professor, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Hawaii, USA, and Visiting Professor, R.S Vidyapeetha, Tirupati to study and translate “Tarkatandava” a great dialectical treatise in Indian Philosophy.
- Critically edited more than 10 Sanskrit works viz., Gita Tatparya, Gita Bhashya, Bhedojjeevanam, Tantrasara Sangraha, Saptopanishad Bhashyam, Sesha Tatparya Chandrika and Mayavada Khandanam, Vyasayogi Charitam.
- Translated many Sanskrit works into Kannada with critical notes viz., Tantradipika, Tattvasankhyana-tika of Jayateertha and Mahabharata Tatparyanirnaya of Sri Madhva and Nyaya Sudha.
- Participated in more than 100 National/International Seminars/Conferences,
- Presented and published more than 100 research papers.
- Participated in more than 100 Vidwat-Goshthis (debates in traditional Shastras) conducted by various traditional organisations such as Udupi Mutt, Sri Raghavendra Swamy Mutt, Vyasaraja Mutt, Uttaradi Mutt, Ahobila Mutt etc.
- Consulting expert for many workshops organised by IIT Kanpur, IISc Bangalore, ICPR, New Delhi and other Universities in India.
- Served as member of various bodies of Universities of national importance such, Benaras Hindu University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Akhila Bharata Madhwa Maha Mandal, Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi,, Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Govt. of India,
- Sampoornananda Sanskrit University, Varanasi, Central Sanskrit Board, New Delhi, Poornaprajna Vidyapeetha, Bangalore, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Sahitya Academy, New Delhi and Dvaita Vedanta Studies and Research Foundation, Bangalore.
- Member of the Advisory Board, ICPR Research Journal (Indian Council of Philosophical Research)
- Contributed articles for many research journals published by ICPR and other bodies of national repute and essays for five volumes published by “The Project of History of Indian Science Philosophy and Culture (PHISPC) undertaken by the ICPR, New Delhi.
- Served as Honorary Director, Poornaprajna Samshodhana Mandiram, Bangalore: Adarsha Shodha Samsthan, under Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi from 1994-99.
- Presided over 15th All India Madhwa Philosophical Conference held in “PAJAKA” near Udupi.
- Recipient of many titles/awards such as ‘Panditaratnam’, ‘Madhwa Shastra Nidhi’, ‘Pandita Kulabhushanam’ etc. Was awarded the prestigious Vedavyas National Sanskrit award in the year 2004 by the University Grant Commission. Was awarded the prestigious Certificate of Honour by the President of India in the year 2005.
- Honoured with the title of Mahamahopadhyaya honoris casa given by Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Sanskrit University, New Delhi in 2010 and Rashtriya Sanskrit University, Tirupathi in 2007.
Vision & Development Projects : See Acomplishments for full list
- Srimushnam Matha construction
- Chennai T. Nagar Matha reconstruction
- Reconstruction of Shrinivasa temple in Shivarampete, Mysore
- Krishnamurthypuram Matha reconstruction, Mysore & New building for Sri Chandrika Vidya Peeta
- Opening of Sri Vysaraja Samshodhana Mandira in Bangalore